Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Herb Infused Olive Oil

i'm addicted to dipping oil....when I was in Boston last year we ate at Pizzaria Regina in North End and they had crushed red pepper infused olive oil for their pizza. TO-DIE-FOR. So, i decided I would make my own. I did a little research (thanks martha stewart) and found an easy - CHEAP recipe. I watched Meijer for a sale on Olive Oil -- their brand goes on sale about once a month -- and purchased two small bottles to start with. The "pour spout" pops right out so you can add what you want to it.

Italian Infused Olive Oil

olive oil
3-4 bulbs of garlic - peeled
dried oregano

remove pour spout & drop in garlic & then fill bottle about 1/4 of the way full with herbs. Replace pour spout & recap. Let sit for a month -- shaking every few days. Oil will be good for up to a year.


I also made this with Crushed Red Pepper flakes and garlic - really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment