Thursday, April 16, 2009

My New Favorite Item from the Spice Isle

I found something new...total luck...at Meijer last week. I was in the market for some Rosemary for a new Talapia recipe I found....the dried Rosemary was about $6.00....so i continued to look for the Meijer Brand and ran across a new spice blend from McCormicks called "Crusting Blends" - it is a mixture of Panko, garlic, lemon and rosemary. You get a huge tub for under $5.00. So I decided to try it.... YUM!!!!!!!!

So this is all you have to do ...and you can use it on ANY meat.... but this is what I did.
Crusted Talapia
Talapia - thawed
McCormick's Crusting Blend
Olive Oil
Oven at 425
Lightly coat fish with olive oil.....spread the Crusting Blend. Place on baking sheet & bake for 15-20 minutes....(then I turned the oven to 200 for another 10 minutes to crisp the fish a little more).
Serve with fresh veggies..rice...whatever!
This was a quick and VERY easy meal and it's really good.
There are two other Blends... Italian Herb & Cheese and French Onion, Pepper & Herb. Needless to say....I'm stopping at Meijer on the way home to get more :) I coated 4 pieces of fish & it didn't use even 1/4 of the tub...and i had extra that I threw away from the coating process. Great deal...great taste!

1 comment:

  1. These are 2 for $6 at Giant Eagle this week! We're trying it on pork chops tonight.

    ReplyDelete