Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Grilled Salmon on a Cedar Plank

After asking around for a few recipes..I decided I'm creative enough to come up with my own for some grilled salmon on a cedar plank.
So-- my first attempt with plank grilling was a success....even though the first set of planks got left behind at Meijer - BY ME..none the less. {Sigh}. But here is my thrown together goodness...

Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon

Salmon fillets
maple syrup - 1/4 cup
honey - 2 Tblsp
balsamic vinegar - 1/4 cup
minced garlic, dill, salt & pepper - to taste

mix syrup, honey & vinegar in bowl. Sprinkle salmon with salt, pepper, dill & garlic. Place salmon on soaked plank (soak in water for at least an hour) - medium heat on grill. Baste with marinade every 5 minutes.....cook for 20/25 until flakes with fork.

The amazing smell of the grilling cedar was enough to make me want to EAT the planks... thankfully the fish turned out great, so I didn't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment