Thursday, March 12, 2009

Weight Watchers Beef & Bean Soft Tacos

This one comes to me from the Weight Watchers Queen..and my BFF - Tracy Rebstock.
Haven't tried this one -- but thought it looked good & worth a post!

WW Beef and Bean Soft Tacos - serves 6

Put 1- 14oz can of reduced sodium beef broth and 1 tbsp of chili powder (I like it a little spicy) into a crockpot and wisk together (recipe calls for 1 tsp...personally you can add or take away what you like.

Add 1 lb flank steak trimmed (or I just got the smallest I could find)

Cook on high 4-6 hours or Low 8-10 hours...

So, when it is done..falling apart...take the steak out, shred it with forks...dump out all but 1/4 cup of the liquid then put the meat and reserved liquid back into the crockpot and add the following

3/4 cup salsa
1/2 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves (I have dried for this time of year)
2 tbsp canned chopped mild green chiles drained

Cook on high til heated through, about 5 minutes. I sometimes come home, do this and we won't eat for another hour...so put it on low until you are ready to eat!

so, you will need 12 7 inch flour tortillas, warmed
1/4 cup fat free sour cream (I am a fan of light)

top each tortilla evenly with beef/salsa mixture and sour cream, fold in half and serve with some additional salsa on the side

Tim and I used a little 2% milk cheddar jack cheese...less than 1/8 cup per person (well for me)

It was YUMMY!

1 comment: